Friday, December 28, 2007

Behind the Scenes: Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 08 Campaign




I'm so excited about the Spring 08 Vuitton ad campaign! As I watch this behind the scenes footage of the photo shoot courtesy of Style.com, I can’t help but revert back to my youth. While it isn’t at all surprising to me that Marc would use Glamazons of the 90’s, it is very refreshing. These women all stand out together and alone, and most are known around the world by first name. And let’s be honest, outside of us who work in the fashion industry, many people do not know the names of top models (with the exception of Gisele) and certainly no one knows the names of the “working” model! And when I say “working”, I’m really only referring to the high fashion runway models that work NYC, Paris, and Milan.

But these women, in the new Vuitton campaign, were larger than life in the late 80’s, early 90’s. This was the “era of the SUPERMODELS”; The “Trinity”…Linda, Naomi, and Christy; “Amazons”…Cindy, Claudia, Elle, Tyra, Tatjana; and the new “Waif”…KATE.

These SUPERmodels had one 5” stiletto firmly planted on top of the world. And yes there have been scandals over the years, but throughout it all, they remained FABULOUS HONEY!

In the illustrious words of Rupaul: “YOU BETTA WORK”


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails